Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Rise of the Machines

I began this project with the idea of using machines today to metaphorically represent 'Dinosaurs' and their gigantic presence back in their time. I figured that I would use sounds created by planes, cranes, tanks, mechanical sharpeners, staplers and other machines that dominate our world today much like how the dinosaurs dominated the land of their own time. Apart from manipulating sounds created by machines, I also experimented with a few objects that could potentially create sounds that are similar to giant footsteps and other environmental elements.

My main goal for this project is to create a soundscape of machines in rivalry with each other. I wanted to create an environment of both chaos and confusion, but my main focus is to simply experiment and see what I get.

Here's my sound piece:

No comments: